Posted by: Lucky lady | 2009-04-24

frequency of sex

I' m 48 &  bf is 57. We' ve been going out 18 mths &  sexually active 15 mths. We have sex almost every day &  weekends usually more than once a day. I cant get enough - always had a high libido &  he is always able 2 rise 2 to the occasion. The sex is far better than when I was still married 16 yrs ago. Is this ability of his normal 4 a man of his age? My ex was 45 &  he was quite useless in bed.

Sexual desire and physical capacity varies greatly from person to person. While significant numbers of men in later life experience some decrease in sexual desire and erectile difficulty, many do not. You are fortunate to be with someone who is so sexually compatible with yourself. Visit the SA Sexual Health Association website for more information

Posted by: J.J. | 2009-04-29

Hi there John X, yes pregnancy can b a trying time as far as sex life is concerned. Not all women r the same but hormonal change accounts 4 the change in sex desire. Sometimes it changes after a few months, sometimes it doesn' t. At certain stages my wife was as horny as could be, only 2 become the opposite after a few weeks. Usually sexual activities can b resumed after 6 - 8 weeks if all is normal but lack of sleep + struggling with a new born baby also take their toll on libido. The main thing is communication - both of U should know + understand the needs of the other 1. Prepare yourself to masturbate more if necessary or ask her 2 do it 4 U sometimes. At times when my wife didn' t want 2 have sex she would often masturbate me. Was quite nice, something different. So hang in there + good luck.

Reply to J.J.
Posted by: John X | 2009-04-29

Since the day we found that we were pregnant things ‘ intimacy + sex’  have been going downhill –  just before pregnancy it was sex on demand from my wife’ s side-and it was mainly around times when she was ovulating. I have been told that things will normalise after about 12 weeks –  we are now in our 15th week and there’  no light at the end of the tunnel-I mean not even an intimate kiss-every time I talk about it-it always end up in her saying ‘ you are selfish and don’ t understand what I’ m going through’ -My biggest fear is that we are drifting apart and in my opinion that will not even be good for the baby when he/she arrives. How can I ensure that we remain close and intimate without putting any unnecessary pressure on ourselves? Also, should I just brace myself for no intimacy until she comes around (maybe 6 months after birth-that’ s what she says). I certainly don’ t want to go somewhere else (affair) to find this missing element of my relationship.

Reply to John X
Posted by: d | 2009-04-26

Are you women real? I am 48 and have to masturbate everyday because my wife has such a low libido. If I get it once or twice a month I am lucky.

Reply to d
Posted by: Jane girl | 2009-04-24

High there Lucky  I' m 59 + bf is 64. Been 2gether 3yrs but only see each other weekends as we live in different towns. I don' t know whats the norm 4 men of that age but I have a high sex drive + he satisfies me completely. Yes we do it like rabbits every weekend + been like that 2-1/2 yrs already. Sometimes we spend a whole day in bed + he never gets tired of it. Really man it' s lekker.

Reply to Jane girl
Posted by: Jealous | 2009-04-24

WOW U sure are 1 lucky girl. I' m 45 + have a high sex drive but my husband of 48 is just not up 2 it. He' s got no health problems, had a check up last month. I have to practically beg him everytime I want it + he shows very little interest. Most of the time I just masturbate + use my vibrator. I don' t know if your bf' s sex drive is normal 4 that age but enjoy every minute of it, yes U go girl, go for it, make the most of it.

Reply to Jealous