Question
Posted by: Linda | 2010/04/06

Frequency in menstrual cycle

I am 47 years and have been sterilised 21 years ago (tubes cut) Since February I have been getting frequent periods - almost every 2 weeks. The bleeding is not heavy but it is there - sometimes only blotching. It varies all the time.
After the bleeding I then have clear discharge for a few days.
What could be the cause of this - should I be worried about this and have it checked out ?

You should have this checked out. While it could be hormonal, it could be something more serious such as a problem with the uterus or cervix.

1