Question
Posted by: Dorine | 2011/10/10

Freefalling - need help

Hi there,

I feel like I''ve been freefalling lately.
My husband''s business went down and he seems paralysed to do anything for the moment. We have to move house (as we need the money to pay debts) and my husband wants to move regions completely as he feels stifled here.
I''m trying to stay positive, but I have so many doubts and fears, which I''m passing on to my two little girls. I feel terrible for them moving schools and tearing them away from their friends. I know they''ll look to me for strength and encouragement, but I just don''t know where to find the strength anymore. I would like to go and talk to someone, but I also don''t know where to find the money. Could you advice someone or someplace that I could turn to?

Movng regions might be a bad idea, as it removes you from friends, family, support systems and business contacts, and could worsen the situation. And relocation usually costs more money, and unless there's a genuin and definite job prospect there, it could be still harder to find work somewhere new.
As Ann says, you can start by calling Lifeline, and they may also be able to help you locate further affordable or free counselling, maybe at a reachable state hospital or medical school.

2
Posted by: Ann | 2011/10/10

You can get free counselling from Lifeline (telephonic or face to face). Right now because of your financial situation and relocation makes you feel very vulnerable. It is like you have had your roots ripped from under you. Your future is unsure and it is understandable that you feel the way you do right now.

If you don''t have a strong support system around you, then finding the support will help you in this crisis you find yourself in.

All the best in your future decisions. Are you employed or have you been helping working with your husband in his business?

If you are employed elsewhere it may be a good idea to rather think of remaining where you are at present. Your husband should look at where the chances would be of him getting employment before trying to relocate and perhaps spending more money on relocating further away from where you are right now.

Why not try and sit down and right all the pros and cons relocating. Look around to downgrade/downsize, look at all your options before making rash decisions.

Good luck!

Reply to Ann