Question
Posted by: DK | 2011/03/07

Free treatment or is it easier to just let the world crush you and get it over with...

Have you ever felt so hopeless you have trouble breathing, I dont know if I''m Bi-Polar, plain depressed or just pathetic everything is crushing me I wish it would just get it over with. I cant sleep, I cant cry, I dont know what to do, is there some place I can go to get help where they dont charge or it''s covered under normal medical aid, I cant afford a specialist. I just want someone to give me a handfull of meds that knock me the hell out.

The first truth is this : you are feeling awful, and despairing about it. The second is : therefore, you need to and must see a suitable doctor who can assess you, discuss the likely diagnosis and the treatment options. Knocking you out is not useful, but meds may be involved in helping you to gradually feel better.
You have the option of going to a major public hospital or clinic and being asessed and treated by a psychiatrist through that facility. Treatment, including admission if considered necessary for a short while, and meds if considered needed, would be free or at least charged in relation to your earnings and what you can afford.
Check the rules of your medical aid ( someone at work must be able to do that, or call the medical aid itself ) - ALL medical aids should provide for basic psychiatric care, assessment and basic treatment.

2
Posted by: butter | 2011/03/08

Also you have a choice whether you allow yourself to despair or not. Sounds maybe impossible at the moment for you but its true, if you have lived through real despair it need not happen again remind yourself nothing,even despairing unto death can separate or obstruct Gods love for you.

Reply to butter