Question
Posted by: June | 2010/11/16

Free fluid/ cyst/ itchy

Hi Doc,

I am wondering if you can please assist me. I went to my gynea a couple of weeks ago and there was a lot of “ free fluid”  which my gynea thinks is coming from a leaking cyst on my right ovary. He gave me a box of Mirelle to see if that will drain the cyst and clear up the free fluid. My next appointment is next month. I have a problem now- I am EXTREMELY itchy down there! There is a LOT of discharge which makes me itch but it also stings (like when I go to the bathroom and wipe). It’ s also causing a bit of a rash. It’ s really awful. Could this be due to the cyst? What can I do to stop it? I am so uncomfortable but can’ t afford to go to the doc three times in two months. Thanks.

It sounds like you may have thrush - nothing to do with the cyst. You could try using Canesten.

1