Question
Posted by: shalimar | 2011-06-22

freckles n ageing spots

Hi,I have freckles on my face n I really need advice on how I can get rid of them.I am asian skinned.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Shalimar, thank you for the question.

There are a number of options in controlling the appearance of freckles on the skin. The most important factor to consider is a good SPF (50 or higher) that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide applied several times daily and to practice sun avoidance as much as possible (hat, umbrella, etc.) especially through summer. Topical products such as NeoStrata Depigmenting Cream and Brightening Cream can be applied to reduce the appearance of the freckles. Further improvement will be obtained with IPL treatments – 3 to 5 sessions (one needs to be sure the IPL machine is safe for Asian skin) and once you are happy with the results booster sessions every 4 to 6 months may be necessary.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2011-06-26

Reply to anti-ageing expert