Question
Posted by: Mary | 2010/01/15

Freckles

What product would you recommend for freckles, I am a cyclist and do wear sunscreen, but due to the sweat I do not think it is very productive. It is also useless to apply a new layer as my face is already full of sweat. I really want to lighten my freckles but do not want to go for lazer and pealing.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Mary, thank you for the question.

The formation of freckles is a normal protective response of the skin due to sun exposure. More importantly freckles indicate that you are more prone to sun burn, and skin cancer. It is imperative that you consult a dermatologist on a yearly basis to ensure that all the freckles are benign.

Methods of freckle removal:
Technology
Topical Creams or Skin ‘lighteners’
Chemical peels
Cryotherapy (liquid nitrogen)

Your only options therefore are to use a ‘waterproof’ zinc based sun screen and a topical pigment removal cream such as NeoStrata’s Brightening Cream SPF 15 (during the day) and Pigment Lightening Gel (at night).

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/01/20

Hi Mary, thank you for the question.

Methods of freckle removal:
Technology
Topical Creams or Skin ‘lighteners’
Chemical peels
Cryotherapy (liquid nitrogen)

Reply to anti-ageing expert