Question
Posted by: TRACY | 2010/04/05

FRAXEL VS CHEMICAL PEEL

I would like to ask your expert opinion on the following, i have sun damage to my chest area and with the damage i have quite a few lines and crepy skin, would a deep chemical peel help for this problem or would fraxel be my better option ?? i have had fraxel done to my lines around the eyes and after my third treatment i have not seen any noticable results, is this normal or are the effects still to come ??

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Tracy, thank you for the question.

There may be a number of reasons that you have not noticed any visible results following the 3 Fraxel treatments:

Firstly, changes are slow and we all tend to forget the extent and depth of wrinkles so unless one has taken before and after photographs to compare the change may not be clearly and easily seen. Furthermore full collagen remodeling will be seen for up to 4 to 6 months after the last treatment.

Secondly, the effect of technology based treatments are dependent on two factors namely the type of machine used (3 different Fraxel machines are available each giving its own maximum effect) and the operator using the technology (choosing the correct settings are vital).

Thirdly, one may need additional treatments particularly if there has been volume loss (fat pocket support), overactive eye musculature (Botox), the presence of an ‘eye bag’, or extremely lax skin.

Both Fraxel and medium depth peels are a good option for treating the chest area (sun damage and wrinkling) and the choice is dependent on financial factors, degree of downtime, and extent of sun damage.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/04/09

Hi Tracy, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert