Question
Posted by: MARSHA | 2010/09/13

FRAXEL PASSES

HI DOC
I WAS Reading your comment on fraxel passes to the eye area, i had 8 passes done, is this ok i did have quite alot of swelling.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Marsha, thank you for the question.

Swelling following fractional skin resurfacing is not a ‘bad thing’ but rather the skin’s inflammatory response to the treatment. The number of passes that one performs is dependent on the type of Fraxel machine used (3 different Fraxel machines are currently used on the market), the settings chosen, the condition of the skin, and the response to the treatment.
In short I am sure that the swelling is a normal response; as long as there are no obvious burns (blistering after the treatment) or infections developing you should heal within 7 days and the swelling should disappear within 2 weeks.

2
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/09/19

Hi Marsha, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert
Posted by: MARSHA | 2010/09/13

SORRY 8 TO EACH EYE

Reply to MARSHA