Posted by: lena | 2012-05-22

hi doc
what is the difference btw the fraxel restore and fraxel repair ? can both be used to treat wrinkles ?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Lena, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response but I have been away at a congress.

There are three types of Fraxel laser technologies and each have their specific indications:

Fraxel re:fine™:
This fractional, non-ablative treatment delivers a gentle yet effective option for skin rejuvenation and resurfacing and is specifically indicated for:
Improving texture, tone, pigmentation and periorbital fine lines—all with minimal downtime or discomfort

Fraxel re:store™ Treatment:
This flagship Fraxel system is the gold standard for non-ablative skin resurfacing and rejuvenation and is specifically indicated for:
Photodamage, mild to moderate periorbital wrinkles, acne scars, surgical scars, melasma and Actinic Keratosis

Fraxel re:pair®Treatment:
This fractional treatment CO2 laser is an aggressive treatment for moderate to severe photo damage:
Rhytides (Deep wrinkles)
Pigmented lesions
Moderate to severe wrinkles and furrows in lax skin
Fine lines
Textural irregularities
Vascular dyschromia

Following from the above both can be used to treat wrinkles

Posted by: HyunKeun | 2012-08-14

We do have some photos of the days imtmaideely following treatment. Call us to schedule your free consultation at 509-735-100, ext. 114, and we''ll show them to you. There is definitely several days of redness and dryness. One thing we''ve recommended to patients to avoid pimples afterwards is following this treatment with a BLU-U light treatment, which has been helpful.

Reply to HyunKeun