Posted by: toni | 2011-09-26

Really informative website you have going, i have a concern regarding fraxel restore, i had fraxel done to my cheek area (face) and the lady used a 50 setting , my cheeks swelled up and now have blister like sores on my cheek. is this normal ?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Toni, thank you for the question and I am glad to hear that the website is helpful.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as one would like to examine the skin to give an accurate diagnosis of what has happened. Generally speaking blisters that appear following a laser treatment represent superficial burns and my advice would be to see the doctor who performed the treatment as soon as possible. If you did not have the treatment with a doctor then I would make an appointment with your family physician. The most important part of the healing is to prevent infection setting in (use a topical antibiotic ointment such as Bactroban), keeping the skin clean, and avoiding the sun. If the inflammatory reaction is severe one may even need to consider a topical steroid cream to help prevent pigmentation changes.
The blisters may be a normal reaction but for peace of mind please consult a doctor so that the skin can be examined.