Question
Posted by: GLYNNIS | 2010/03/06

FRAXEL

HI DOC,
I JUST WANTED YOUR OPIONION ON FRAXEL, I HAV HAD MY 3RD TREATMENT DONE TO MY EYE AREA AND WAS TOLD THEY WERE INCREASING THE VOLUME TO 27% AFTER THIS WAS DONE THE TECHNICIAN SAID I SHOULD HAVE A BREAK FOR ALEAST 6MONTHS IS THIS TRUE? AND SHOULD I HAVE A BREAK PERIOD AS ISNT MORE BENEFICAL TO JUST CARRY ON UNTIL ABOUT 5 TREATMENTS? MY TREATMENTS HAVE BEEN SPACED 6 WEEKS APART

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Glynnis, thank you for the question.

The recommended number of treatments is dependent on the degree of improvement that one would like to achieve, the age of the skin, the degree of sun damage, and the skin condition being treated. Generally speaking 2 to 6 sessions may be required but this will vary on the above mentioned factors.

I do think it is a good idea to wait after 3 treatments as full collagen remodeling will be seen 3 to 4 months after the last treatment and one can assess the degree of improvement before further treatments are commenced. I think it is great that you are seeing someone that is conservative and cautious and not trying to oversell the treatment, however there is nothing stopping you in having a fourth treatment (no specific contraindication exists).

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/03/09

Hi Glynnis, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert