Posted by: cally | 2009-02-23

fraudulent doctors notes

Do you know if there is anywhere where I could check if a doctor' s practice number is valid? I have an enormous amount of suspicious doctor' s notes cropping up, some obviously fraudulent, others more subtle.
Any advice?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

There is a way of checking up a Doctors Practice number. It is suggested that you get hold of Dr Lison at

Posted by: cally | 2009-02-24

Hi Trev,
That' s why I do background checks before calling in the people who give me suspicious notes... I' m well aware of employee rights.

Reply to cally
Posted by: Trev | 2009-02-23

The medical association of South Africa,and other similar bodies-but be carefull that you dont accidently falsely accuse an employee re the above,as employees have more rights than you think.

Reply to Trev