Posted by: rensche | 2009-04-20

my husband and his partner had a fight in december 2007. since the partner registered the business in his name my husband lost everything as his partner said that my hubby is only an employee. long story short he made a case against my husband for fraud even though we have the proof that the money received by my husband was either used for t business or deposited in to the business account. so he " fired"  my hubby without a hearing, or payment. my hubby didnt take a salary for 6 months prior to this fight as his partner used all the money before he could get paid.

we went to the department of labour - they said his salary is to high to deal with (R30 000.00 per month) and that he should see a lawyer. we did that and she suggested that we see an advocate because it is a high court case. we went to see him and we realized that it was costing a fortune, so we abandoned the case.

in the mean time this ex partner is still insisting on the fraud case, my question is, is it to late to continue with the labour suite against this man? and can we get the money without going to high court?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

A labour case must be referred within 30 days, this is long time out of time.