Question
Posted by: Lyn | 2011/07/29

fractured hand

I had a fall a few weeks back and think my hand is fractured - does it heal on his own or should I see a Dr? It is not very swollen but it is very sore and when I wake up in the morning my hand is totally stiff and I have pins and needles. The top of my hand is " lumpy"  and it looks like watery bumps under the skin. I have started wearing a wrist guard for support

Lyn

Most hand fractures will heal spontaneously after about 6 to 8 weeks. It will however, be a good idea to have a x-ray of your hand taken to assess how bad the fracture is and if treatment is necessary.