Question
Posted by: Lady | 2010/02/13

Fractured Foot

Last year the 8th of May I had an accident. I was a pedestrian and someone drove into me. This resulted in my right foot ending up fractured. I had to wear a moon boot for a couple of months. Had extrays done again and the doctor showed me how it was healing.

However, my foot is still sore. When I get out of bed in the mornings, I can' t put my weight on the foot. If I walk too much my foot gets sore.

I have not had any physio therapy since I could not afford it at that stage.

A few months ago, I' m not sure what happened but my foot got so sore (maybe I bumped it) that I had to wear my boot again for a week or two.

Is this normal recovery or must I go for exrays again (which costs money). In May it will be a year!!!

Pls advise

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

Dear Lady,
There is no doubt that you should see your doctor again and get a new X-ray- there is always the possibility that the fracture never united (healed) fully
Regards,
Dr de Beer

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010/02/14

Dear Lady,
Regards,
Dr de Beer

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum