Posted by: Lollie | 2008-10-29

Four in one

I have over two years lost about 16 kgs (at a healthy weight now :-}). I am 24 yrs. My breasts are a bit saggy now and my eyes have bags. I look older and certainly not happy about it. I' ld like to know how I could solve these two problems and the third being which products would you recommend to prevent accelarated aging for a young woman like me. I am not comfortable with anything invasive. Lastly, what is the best low cost treatment for cellulite next to working out and Nevia Good-bye cellulite?? Thank you for your help.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Lollie, thank you for the question.
Congratulations with the weight loss and I wish you all the best for the future.

Let’s start with the topical products: the choice of product is dependent on the type of skin you have, the degree of sun damage, and what you would like to achieve with the end result. I am a firm believer in alphahydroxy acids (in particular glycolic acid), polyhydroxy acids, anti-oxidants, and a good SPF (30 or higher) that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide. Please have a look at NeoStrata, Environ, Nimue, Skin Nutrition, etc.

With the ‘breast sagging’ one does not have many options and ultimately surgery will give one the best effect. Non surgical options include a good exercise program aimed at strengthening the Pectoralis major and minor muscles and improving one’s posture. One may consider using Botox to help lift the breasts, but this can turn into an expensive exercise (as the effect only lasts 3 to 4 months) and should only be performed by a doctor trained to inject in this area.

There are a number of cellulite reducing options and I would consider the Vela Shape (, Ultrashape, or Thermage with its new Cellulite Removal Tip.

The ‘bags’ that develop under one’s eyes may be a difficult to treat and your best option would be to consult an aesthetic medical practitioner, cosmetic dermatologist, or plastic surgeon, who can examine the area and advise you on the best treatment option. If the ‘bag’ is due to fat thinning in the tear trough area one can use a filler to replace the fat loss, lifting the skin and eliminating the ‘bag’. If the ‘bag’ is due to lower eyelid fat that has dropped one may have to consider a combination of surgery and a filler.