Question
Posted by: Candice | 2008-10-31

Found lump on kitten

I have just noticed a lump on my 3 month old kitten, it is just near his left front shoulder. It seems to cause him some discomfort when stroked, but he is still lively and playing, eating and drinking. What could this be and is it serious? Should I take the kitten to the vet tomorrow and have it checked out or should I keep a check on it for a few days and see if it gets better / worse?

Dear Candice

At that age a abscess or a vaccination reaction site. Best to have it checked if painfull.

1
Posted by: Chill | 2008-10-31

Impossible to tell from here. If it seems uncomfortable, it could easily be an abscess - or it could be something harmless. Personally if you' re not sure, I would recommend someone look at it - an abscess is an infection, and if it doesn' t drain, it could poison the kitten' s system. He' s too young for an avoidable health crisis - be safe, rather than sorry.

Reply to Chill