Posted by: Liza | 2009-05-12

Forum suggestions

I have 2 suggestions that might help.

1. Do not put Anonymous as the default in the ' Your name'  box when posting. Anonymous is the default whenever the webpage is loaded and this is why there are so many ' Anonymous'  postings.

2. There is a problem where people are posting questions and problems, but they are posting it in reply to someone else' s posting instead of posting from the main forum page. The problem is that the form for posting is very unclear about what exactly the form is for - a question or a reply. A quick and easy way to help people see the difference is if the Subject box is disabled (i.e. you can' t change it) if it is a reply to a posting. People must just be able to put in a subject if they are posting their own question from the forum main page.

Oh and like Hope said - the Comment box is too small. Its very annoying when I try to edit my post before submitting.

AHA ! Thanks for solving the mystery of the Anonymi --- I was worrying that one single anonymous person was suffering an appalling number of problems !
Exellent suggestions I will pass across to the right folks.