Question
Posted by: Tamika | 2008/06/30

Fortnightly doctor's visits

I'm due on the 28th of July and my gynae now wnats to see me every two weeks.......ladies is that really necessary? I honestly don't have the money to be paying for consultation every two weeks......do I have to go? If it wasn't for the two weeks my next monthly visit would be on the 22nd July and I'm due on the 28th - elective c-section.......do you think going on the 22nd will be too late?

That is the normal routine as problems can arise at this stage of pregnancy which would be missed if you are only seen once a month.

1
Posted by: Ella | 2008/06/30

Yes it is nessasary ! a lot can happen know your baby starts to turn, if they turn he also needs to see what birth possition will be best for you, there are a lot of things that can happen know, your baby can also go in destress, and you blood pesure at this stage is very critical you can also develop sugar that is why you need all these check ups.
but do speak to your docter and ask him how does he feel if you dont come in every two weeks.

Reply to Ella