Posted by: Angela | 2009-08-15

Fortekor, Furosemide

I have a Jack Russel terrier, she is 12 years old and has heart problems. The vet has given her Fortekor and Furosemide. I have been reading in the internet and it looks like this will cause her kidneys to fail. is this true?

Dear Angela

No, it will actually help the kidneys.

Posted by: Lynda | 2010-02-11

What are the side effects of fortekor 5 in cats?

Reply to Lynda
Posted by: Chill | 2009-08-16

Trust your vet, and use your noggin. Hardly any drugs have absolutely no side effects. Would you rather your dog died of heart failure? It' s a question of priorities!

Besides - side effects as listed by manufacturers aren' t guaranteed, they are merely possible.

Report any worrying signs to your vet - it' s quite common to treat any side effects that do manifest themselves with other meds - or to change the dosage/combinations of drugs to minimise these.

Reply to Chill