Posted by: Birthday | 2009-03-19

Forgotten Birthday

Hubby forgot my birthday again.......
What do I do.

Firstly, Happy Birthday to you. I tend to forget my OWN birthday each year. I think Lee asks the more important point --- does he treat you well all year-round ( which is much better than only making a fuss one day a year ).
As she says, I find men don't tend to pay attention to dates the way women do. Every woman I have known remembers not just the birthdays, anniversaries, etc., of their current friends and family, but even of the deceased and people they haven't seen for years. That's a talent that seems less common in men.
You have a choice of responses. You could tell him he's taking you out tonight, asking whether he has made reservations or would he like you to do so.

Posted by: Birthday Joke | 2009-03-21

Guy has birthday. Family ignore it that morning. He' s ticked off. Goes to work. His Secretary wishes him and suggests lunch, her treat. After lunch sand few drinks she invites him back to her place for the afternoon. Once there she says she is going to make herself more comfortable, wink wink, nudge nudge. He strips off totally and sits waiting on the couch. The bedroom door opens and his wife and family come tumbling out, shouting SURPRISE !!!

Reply to Birthday Joke
Posted by: DODDS | 2009-03-20

Men always forget birthdays, even their own! What' s the big deal

Reply to DODDS
Posted by: Alpha Male | 2009-03-20

Today is my daughter' s birthday  last month was my woman' s. While I remembered both the day before, and made a mental note not to forget the next day - I lamost did (forget). And boy - my woman tried her level best to punish me for wishing her in the evening! My daughter (I love her so!) was more understanding. The point is this: my own birthday is not important to me. While I do understand that women are sentimental about dates - in the BIGGER picture of things - EVERY day with my woman is special to me - I do not need a birthday as cause celebre to treat her kindly.

Reply to Alpha Male
Posted by: Pink | 2009-03-19

I make a big fuss about my birthday every year, so no one gets the opportunity to forget! I actually start counting the days months before my birthday! Keeps you young at heart too! :)

Reply to Pink
Posted by: Shame | 2009-03-19

Sorry about that. No excuse from Hubby. I think he is a big SHIT and you can show him this. Self centered creep that he is. Forgetting your babes birthday is the ultimate No No. You should cut back on the marital favours and when he asks, tell him you have forgotten how and you dont want to learn how either ! Anyway from a caring male, Happy Birthday to you !!

Reply to Shame
Posted by: Lee | 2009-03-19

does it really matter in the bigger sense...? i mean is he good to you, does he treat you with respect? does he share his life with you? men are not good with details like that. i have found this with many guys of every age - they just dont remember. its not personal - its just not in their genes to remember dates, names or faces.

if he loves you in every other way then let it go. you are not 5 and dont really need a birthday party. why not treat yourself. its YOUR birthday - treat YOURSELF, send yourself flowers or buy yourself something you really like or want. be your own party planner. AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Reply to Lee
Posted by: Forgotten Birthday | 2009-03-19

3 years in a row.
The year before that he remembered but every year he forgets and im tired of reminding him.
Thanks it is today and we are married for 6 years and I know him for 8.

Reply to Forgotten Birthday
Posted by: Dee | 2009-03-19

Reply to Dee
Posted by: D | 2009-03-19

How many times has he forgotten your birthday? Is it today? if so...happy birthday!! Maybe he is still planning something if its today!

How long have you been married for ?

Maybe you should conveniently forget his, and then put your birthday on his cell phone and set the alarm then he will remember, or give him little signals before hand that your birthday is coming up!

Just a few thoughts

Reply to D