Posted by: confused | 2009-02-26

Forgot to take the pill and late

I have recently gone off the pill and i know its normal for spotting etc when you do but my period is now a week late. I did a home preg test (3 actually, the 1st had a very faint 2nd/positive line, but the others were negative) and then i went for a blood test which was negative.
i have kids so i' m confused because i' m noticing some signs but maybe they could be related to pms or hormonal changes? my breasts have definitely increased (i' m seeing a dietician and in spite of weight loss, chest measurement went up), and i' m feeling queasy quite often, also needing to wee more than usual. But the test was negative so is this just hormonal from stopping the pill?
how long do you advise i wait before seeing doc etc?
i' m obviously trying to fall pregnant which is why i' ve gone off the pill. thanks!

If the blood test was negative, then you are not pregnant. You symptoms are likely related to your body adjusting to being off the Pill. Periods can be irregular for a few months after stopping the Pill.