Question
Posted by: jav | 2010/04/08

forgiving

is it possible to forgive a woman who cheated. this happened after numerous warnings that she must be careful of her so called friend. what makes it difficult is she confessed and asked for forgiveness. I can''t forget this. sometimes I feel like I am ok but once in a while I get so angry. I feel she is taking this lightly because I feel I deserve answers but she keeps on saying it was a mistake.

It is possible, though not certain. I think people have an excessively simplistic concept of forgiveness, and see it ( very mistakenly ) as some sort of duty owed by the offended to the offender. People can indeed make an unthinking mistake without having the sort of deep meanings and reasons their partner then seeks to hear about.
And marriage counselling is indeed a good idea.

9
Posted by: jav | 2010/04/12

r you are not alone mate. may God be with you man

Reply to jav
Posted by: R | 2010/04/12

Jav and Pat. I also am in the same boat as you guys and to forgive is not easy. When I am in bed next to her I will touch her and then withdraw thinking that the other man also touched her!! Although I am getting help and drink my pills, this still happens. It takes a hell of a lot of work and therapy to handle this situation!! Best of luck to you!!

Reply to R
Posted by: jav | 2010/04/10

pat, i can only pray for you man. if you really love her listen to the experts above. i really feel better now that i am not the only one but at the same time i am very sad and sorry for you man. i would not wish this on my worst enermy. God bless

Reply to jav
Posted by: Pat | 2010/04/09

I''m on the same boat Jav, she cheated on me with my friend (now my ex friend) &  it was not a one night stand, they had sex a couple of times. I feel exactly the same, sometimes I''m ok but sometimes I''m angry &  sad at the same time because I never thought she could do such a thing. I''ve not seeked any professional help but I think I need to get one. Good luck man.

Reply to Pat
Posted by: Jav | 2010/04/09

thanks JJ and cybershrink. thank you once more lin.

Reply to Jav
Posted by: JJ | 2010/04/09

(011) 975 7107 this is their number(FAMSA)

Reply to JJ
Posted by: jav | 2010/04/09

thanks lin. do you have a number I can call?

Reply to jav
Posted by: Lin | 2010/04/09

You are the perfect couple for marriage counselling. Go for counselling together and work through this. You might need individual counselling to help you with the anger.
Call FAMSA for a counsellor in your area.

Reply to Lin