Question
Posted by: Niki | 2008/10/29

Forgive &  forget

The saying goes: " forgive and forget"  How many times do i need to forgive and forget before i can ask for a divorce?

Like many old sayings, it's stupid. Check the archives of this foru, where I have discussed the common misconceptions about Forgiving. And forgetting, if the issue is really significant, may be foolish in the extreme. You may well decide, with the help of a counsellor, to release yourself from being tied by bitternes and resentment to past h urts, but its generally worth remembering that someone who hurt you before, if intentionally or carelessly, could do it again. Marriage counselling may reveal whether a divorce is a good idea, or whether a reconciliationn is realistic or desirable

2
Posted by: Depends | 2008/10/29

It depends on what u forgive and forget my dear.

Reply to Depends
Posted by: Lin | 2008/10/29

Have you had any relationship counselling?
Start off with that, and after that if you don' t feel the need to forgive and forget anymore, get a divorce.

Reply to Lin