Question
Posted by: jane | 2008/10/29

forgetfulness

doc my problem is forgetfulness i dont know what it is at first i thought it is iron deficiency anaemia but my iron level is ok. i recently moved away from my bf and is staying alone but if feel that this problem i have for two years only i didnt take it seriously b4. pls help me, can it be dementia only i dont concentrate i can do other stuff my learning ability is weak, to conceive an order made by boss is weak what can i do, i also get tension headaches often.

Hi Jane, There are many possible causes of forgetfulness, ranging from stress ( so one isn't paying enoughattention to things one later wants to recall ) to physical and other illnesses. You don't mention your age, but dementia is, fortunaely, a really unlikely cause. The presence of tension headaches sounds like stress / anxiety is a significant factor here. See a shrink, or at least a good local GP, for a proper assessment, and discuss treatment options. CBT counselling is the most effective treatment available for stress and anxiety, especially as tranquillizers tend to make one drowsy and less able to concentrate

1
Posted by: LEXZY | 2008/10/29

DOC..i have the same feelin to..I' m 29, the headaches sometimes gets so intend my eyes starts watering !
i work 8am -to -8pm,the only stressful part of my day is the trip back &  fort from home..Please help !
i also attend weekend classes for better qualifications !
I don' t want to believ my problem is stress..because they say the more you work your brain the better it gets..Pls help,i' m falling !

Reply to LEXZY