Question
Posted by: Kush | 2009-09-30

Forgetfullness

I' m 20 years old and extremely forgetful, I just lost my wallet because I can' t remember where I put it. I forget names and words sometimes I' ll be in the middle of a sentence and forget what I said. I also have a hard time concentrating, I tune out completely so much so that when people talk to me I ignore them. And It' s been getting worse over the past year.

Usually, especially in young folks, what may seem to be forgetfulness is more due to not paying sufficient attention. Why are you "tuning out" so much ? What are you evading, and not wanting to attend to ? If you are physically healthy ( a check-up may be in order ) and psych healthy ( no obvious Depression or Anxiety Disorder ) and not under severe stress at work or at home, it's probably a matter of poor attention skills, and a counsellor could help with that.

1
Posted by: Red | 2009-09-30

Start reading books, newspapers, anything.

Reply to Red