Posted by: Oldie | 2011-08-04

Forgetful and scatterbrained at 35

I am terribly forgetful and scatterbrained lately. I would say about the last month or so, my mind has left me. I do the strangest things, forget my passwords on a weekly basis, have to think aand rethink what I was going to take out of the cupboard just now. When I''m sick with a cold or flu, it is even worse and I scare myself with the stupid things I do. I have been having problems with contraceptive pilss lately, switching from Triphasal to Yaz to Triphasal again, mainly because of migraines. I also had an old neck injury flaring up again, and had to get some physiotherapy. I am currently using Cilift (mild depression) and Glucophage (insulin resistant). I do have a lot of stress in my life, and it might be a little bit more than usual with retrenchments looming again. I have no energy and also a very low sex drive. What am I to do? I''m already taking Calcium and a multivitamin formualted for stress. Would adding Omega oils or a Gingko supplement sort me out, or should I see my GP again?

A situation like this can be very frustrating. There are a multitude of reasons for your symptoms. I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and a battery of tests. Subjective stress can cause all your symptoms but you will have to consult your doctor, as your chronic medication or metabolic disease can also be the cause. You can also consider consulting a neurologist to examine the cause for your migraines and further opinion about your forgetfulness.