Posted by: zombie | 2009-02-11

Forever sleeping

Can somebody please help me, I am forever sleeping....this started in 2005 when I was pregnant with my baby, I thought it was caused by pregnancy. Then I went to see a neurologist who said I have narcolepsy. I didn' t believe him then because I was pregnant I thought I will be fine afterwards.But even today I' m still forever sleeping. at work I cannot open my eyes for more that 2 hours, after eating I sleep, after walking, when I' m in a car, when I' m concentrating on something e.g. I cannot watch a movie until it finishes without dozzing off....Dr please help , am I disabled?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

There are a number of possible reasons, but narcolepsy may well be what you have. You need to get a set of sleep tests (it takes about 24 hours in a sleep laboratory). then a proper diagnosis can be made, and all of the conditions can be treated.

You really need help ASAP.