Question
Posted by: Mattheuws | 2010/02/08

Foreskin issues

Until lately I thought it was a normal thing but I spoke to my brother and he said there' s something down under:

Is it true that my foreskin is suppose to retract over my glands? With me, my foreskin only goes as far as the penis head, if I pull it further it flips under my gland and I can feel blood pressure building up and it gets painful and I struggle to contract the skin over my head again ... I thought it was normal but my bro said it isn' t? What should I do to fix this? I also once tried a condom on but the intructions said I had to retract my foreskin and put the condom over, but obviously I was unable to do?

Can you help me with this issue? I am gay and don' t feel comfortable talking about my penis with the doctor.

Regards! M

Hallo M
Your brother is right - you may have a narrowed foreskin and pulling it back behind the head of the penis may be dangerous for you ( it cuts off the blood flow to the penis head) I think you should see an urologist as you may need a small operation or stretching under anaesthetic to fix this. You can also be circumcised if you want to. You don't have to tell the doctor your sexual preferences if this will make you feel uncomfortable - it is irrelevant to your problem.
See http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/men/reproductive/646.html

4
Posted by: WJA | 2010/02/10

Matthews, Refer to CIRP.org for more information and conservative treatment options for you. Your foreskin is important and I congratulate you on wanting to keep it.

Reply to WJA
Posted by: Mattheuws | 2010/02/09

Thank you all, Ill see a urologist! I don' t want to opt for a circumcisiom! Regards, M

Reply to Mattheuws
Posted by: WJA | 2010/02/08

You have a condition called phimosis. This is when the ridged band (the structures in the tip of your foreskin that holds it closed) do not stretch enough to allow you to retract your foreskin all the way.

This condition can easily and successfully treated by a surgical technique called preputioplasty. You will need to see a urologist to help you.

Other techniques are available to help you stretch the foreskin, the success depends on your specific condition and response to these techniques.

Do your research and choose the treatment options best for you. many people will tell you that circumcision is the only way to to treat this condition - this is not the case. Do your own homework.

Reply to WJA
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/08

Hallo M

Reply to cyberdoc