Posted by: cally | 2009-02-02

foreskin hurts during sex

Pardon my ignorance please. My boyfriend isn' t circumcised. I' ve never been with an uncircumcised guys before... Now, when we have sex, he often feels pain around his foreskin, and sometimes it hurts for days.
Is this normal?

Dear Cally,

It is not that uncommon for men to have very tight foreskins or foreskins that do not full retract over the head of the penis. Men with tight foreskins or foreskins that do not fully retract may experience pain and discomfort after sex and may even experience tearing and other lacerations during sex.

It is advisable that your boyfriend consult a urologist who would best advise him how to resolve this problem.

It is a problem that can be resolved very successfully.

Posted by: WJA | 2009-02-03

Cudos to your BF for wanting to keep his sensitive, normal and natural foreskin.

As for L and Been there, had that!!!!, your statements regarding infection, improved sex lives and related are founded on myth and superstition.

The loss of the foreskin is a traumatic event for any man. The loss of the normal functioning, sensitivity and self image can in fact damage your BF' s sex life forever.

Circumcision is like amputating a finger to cure an ingrown nail. There are far less drastic treatment options available.

Contact NORM (just Google it) for advice.

Reply to WJA
Posted by: NOCIRC-SA | 2009-02-03

There is absolutely no need for circumcision.

There are other - less drastic options available that can treat this condition.

Stretching techniques along with topical applications of a corticalsteroid cream over a period of time will ' relax'  the foreskin and make it more easily retractable. This workds for about 60% of people that try and is the least invasive.

If after a few month this does not work, he can try prepuplasty, a minor surgical procedure that releases the tightness and cures the problem in over 90% of patients. Your BF can keep his sensitive FS.

Refer him to:
nocirc-sa or for more information on how to treat his condition without resorting to circumcision.

Reply to NOCIRC-SA
Posted by: cally | 2009-02-03

How do I discuss circumcision with him? He doesn' t know I' m discussing this on a forum, and he' s always been rather against circumcision. I must admit to being worried about infection and hygiene with the foreskin. Is this a big problem with uncircumcised men? And how painful would a circumcision be for him now, as an adult? And the recovery time?

Reply to cally
Posted by: Been there, had that!!!! | 2009-02-03

It sounds like its time for a circumcision. Dont let the urologist give your husband steroid creams to put on his foreskin. Pain is a result of tearing, which is an open wound which can give you both infections. Steroid creams thin out the skin and later on in life your husband will experience more problems related to that. This is a case where circumcision will improve your and your husband' s sex lives and make it a lot safer. Don' t screw around, just get circumcised. He wont be disappointed, and neither will you in the long run!!! Sex has been great since having it done. No more smegma or smell associated with it either. I strongly recommend it based on my own experience.

Reply to Been there, had that!!!!
Posted by: L | 2009-02-02

No its not normal please tell him to got and take it off otherwise its gonna coz the infection for both of u.

Reply to L