Posted by: Bob | 2011-07-05

Foreskin doesn''t close properly

Hi doctor

I’ m a 28-year-old man. I’ m not sure when this started to happen because it has only started to bother me lately. The foreskin of my penis doesn’ t close properly as it used to do. The tip of my penis is now always exposed. The problem is, either it gets very sensitive so I’ m constantly aware of it, or I get an erection which can be embarrassing especially if I’ m in public. I don’ t want to undergo a circumcision. Retraction isn’ t a problem, my foreskin rolls down completely. The problem is that it doesn’ t roll up completely, as if it’ s too short. I’ m embarrassed to go to the doctor because I will probably get an erection if the doctor handles my penis since it has always been very, very sensitive. What can be done to cure this problem? Thanks. Bob.

Unfortunately, you will have to consult your doctor for an examination and possible circumcision, as this is possibly the only cure.