Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2010/11/25

forced to uit

I started a new post and worked hard but my performance was rated as poor. The problem is the work that I did do, was not considered in my pd and my favourable reports from my stakeholders were not considered. I beleive there is a vendetta against me as i received favourable feedback from some people in person but when it came to putting it on paper they didn''t. The project manager screamed at me and he was not disciplined. I was promised to be put on another prject but over the past month I have nothing been given to me. I come to work and have nothing to do. Its hard knowing that I left a post I excelled in and mentored others and now am in something where I am rated as poor and not given anything new to do. I have tried to find other posts and I can''t find anything whatsoever. I have become paranoid and self-destructive. My manager during my job performance review said there would be retrenchments and I cannot sleep or eat or drink water even thinking of it. I feel like I am being forced to quit. I am becoming so depondent because I can''t find a job and cannot afford to quit as I have nobody to rely on financially. I just am getting blamed for evverything. The project manager was on coninuos sick and study leave and did not attend to meetings and I had to cover for him as best I could and nothing that I tried to do to help was acknowledged. I did favours for stakeholders and they did not assist even by submitting feedback even if it was feedback. I find it hard coming into work when I have nothing to do and have to deal with all this negativity at work and inside of me. I dread coming to work and facing these people who have been so two faced and deeply entrenched in politics.

Obviously this must be very distressing for you, but you really urgently need the advice of a good labour lawyer and perhaps the Dept of Labour or some such resource, to be sure of your legal rights. I know, for instance, that it is prohibited to use what is called Constructive Dismissal to make work life so unpleasant for someone that they fel compelled to resign, without actually needing to disdmiss them.

2
Posted by: job | 2010/11/25

Michelle i know what you going through it happen to me on my previous job they made life so unbearable for me, i came as early as 5am to work i tried to be jack of all trades give help were is needed meet my deadlines nothing couldn''t change them i end up resigning, i''m not trying to turn this into racial issue but maybe is time we black folks start taking risks and start our own businesses, private companies white folks don''t want us you can be qualified but you wont be recognised we just been hired because of EE.

Reply to job