Question
Posted by: Casey | 2011/01/13

Forced to resign

The company that I worked for forced me to resign with immediate effect. I''ve always done my worked the way they wanted it to be done. They don''t tell you that you make mistakes but expect you to do everything 100%. They just give you written warnings stating that you have done something wrong without being in consultation with you when you make mistakes.

The other thing is, they promised at the end of April 2010 that we will receive a bonus, and when I left, I still did not received the bonus.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Re: Forced to resign

These type of cases are nortoriously difficult to prove. You bear the onus to show that you have been constructively dismissed. If you can show that you had no alternative other than to resign then there is at least a case.

2
Posted by: Boetie | 2011/02/05

No employer can force U to resign!! They sometimes use these bullying tactics to get people to resign so that they can get off scott free. U see, when U resign U give up all your rights including the right to draw unemployment. Many years ago the MD. of the company tried that with me. I told him in no uncertain terms where to get off + said that if he wanted me out then he would have to fire me + carry the consequenses. He eventually backed off + six months later I resigned when I got a much better position.

Reply to Boetie
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011/01/28

Re: Forced to resign

Reply to Labour Lawyer