Question
Posted by: broken | 2011-03-22

Forbidden love

I really could kick myself. Ive fallen inlove with a beautiful, amazing, intelligent women. Only problem is our cultures are so different they wont allow us to be together. She is muslim and i am christian. She says she cannot marry a non muslim man and only if I convert can she be with me. I unfortunately cannot convert as it wont be for the right reasons, it wont be for the religion but just for her. This weekend we decided to end it and i am so broken and heartsore. We didnt sleep together or anything of the sort. We both fell inlove and I am kicking myself for letting it happen.

Cross-cultural relationships are often fraught with cultural issues and differences. And what's significant isn't only the labels, but how deeply each of you is involved in your own specific religion and culture.
You say you don't want to convert just for her sake, and by implication to do so insincerely. Have you explored her religion, to see if it has any attractions for you, whatsoever ?

6
Posted by: Romany | 2011-03-24

I like kate''s response, very true.

Reply to Romany
Posted by: Kate | 2011-03-23

For heavens sake go and be with the girl.
If you love her then nothing will stop you.
If the love is real that is, take the time to think it through clearly.
You will still be praying to the same God just in a different way.
I guess if your love for her is not strong enough then you will not see any possibility in even considering the change.
Then ... just move on AND next time stick to your own as you dont want this happening all over again.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Romany | 2011-03-23

You will see that God and Allah are one and the same if you take the time to do some research.......

Reply to Romany
Posted by: Angel | 2011-03-23

I am no preacher < _>  but the first and great commandment is :" Thou shalt love the Lord your God with all your mind and with all your heart and with all your soul. You shall love no other God but me"  I know the Lord forgives but put him first and then you deicide. Broken - why not see how you can work things out. Love conquers all and it is the most powerful force in the Universe...

Reply to Angel

Posted by: < _>  | 2011-03-22

Why did you end it? Islam respects " Jesus Christ"  pretty much more than those professing to be " christian"  Hey if Jesus turns up you can always just point him to your girl and say this is the reason I decided to take you as a prophet instead of the son of God., im pretty much certain he would forgive you.

You seem to be filled with regret and you miss this girl, so make peace with her and make a plan my friend, those warm thighs are waiting for you : )

Reply to &lt&nbsp;_&gt&nbsp;