Posted by: sad | 2012-01-30

for the love of a sport????

A friend of mine died while racing yesterday at Zwartkops on his superbike. I always warned him about his sport but he said I need to be positive. It is really traumatic and Im battling with this. How do I get over it?

Losing a friend is always upsetting --- if it wasn't , then they weren't a friend. Its more so when its unexpected, suden, whn they;re young, and where, like here, you tried to warn him. Some people take great chances and actually enjoy the element of danger, yet don't entirely believe that they personally are actually at risk.
You will get over this, but it takes time. Gradually, you lose the acute painful sense of loss and remember the good things about the relationship