For the guys: setting the romantic mood

Hi all,
Any suggestions on how to set a romantic mood? I' m trying to rekindle the passion in my relationship, but all the things I would try are girly things... I wanted to go out for an early, light dinner, then get home and open a bottle of champagne, dance a little, have a candle-lit bubble bath and a bowl of strawberries and similar evocative finger desserts, then see what happens. Would this work for a guy? I' m desperate to get the passion and romance back, he lost all his confidence when he lost his job... Any ideas / comments?

as you put it, his loss of passion is related to his loss of you need to boost his confidence. try doing things, not nessecarily romantic that he's good in eg, sports, games etc which will give you enough oppurtunity to complement him and which will give him reason to feel better bout himself. this can then be followed by your romantic eveninig.

Posted by: guy thing | 2009-04-29

anon if you had mentioned the time period he has been unemployed and the neglect and criticism i would not have responded in that way i would have told you to move on as quickly as possible because he is a leech and he must get a life...get rid of him he is bringing you down with him.

Reply to guy thing

Maybe it' s selfish of me, but I' m close to giving up on the relationship. I also have needs, to be loved and to have some physical passion, but I' m not getting anything from him except criticism and deception. I' ve supported the guy for almost a year now and he' s not even trying to get a job. The relationship is starting to look like a charity. My whole reason for wanting to have a romantic night was kind of to test whether there' s anything left worth salvaging. Maybe I' m in the wrong and should just gracefully bow out.

Posted by: GUY THING | 2009-04-28

romantic nights are very overrated. champagne and candles and stuff dont do much for some guys especially if they are not bringing in a income ..what you got to know that if he is a proud man being unemployed will take a lot of self esteem out of a man and believe me romance will be the last thing he will need ...rather assure him that he is still the man in the house and that you still consider him to be the same man you met and fell in love with...

Reply to GUY THING