Question
Posted by: stacy | 2010-01-17

for men pls..

is it considered childish if a 26 year old man plays games (soccer games) on his pc and playstation for like hours on end? I' m talking entire weekend.. esp if we' re irritated with each other.
I can' t help but wonder if he' s a bit old to still be so obsessed??

I guess some people would consider it childish - not just as a rude way of putting him down, but because when one gets excessively involved in virtual life, one is automatically less involved in real life, often sadly becoming someone who no longer deals well with real people.
The games should be a supplement to, not a substitute for, real life

4
Posted by: PeterPan | 2010-01-18

I am sorry to inform you that it is not only men who play these type of games...

I am a 33year old woman and I LOVE to play games... i.e. Nintendo 64 (007 - Golden Gun), PSP, Playstation, Wii, and game online... and I am hooked...

I also love watching cartoons and love Disney channel and know episodes better than my kids(2) do....

I PERSONALLY DON' T THINK THIS MAKES ME IMMATURE or CHILDISH but it does remind me that life can be simplier than what it is and that a part of me can be innocent by choice and within my control.

If I where you, I would except him for who he is and the manner in which he handles life rather than him drinking till he loses touch with reality or goes off having an affair in order to add variety in his life.

In my opinion playing games or wanting to feel like a child sometimes is innocent and rather admirable because it is a measurable time spent with yourself as oppossed to a man taking up a hobby that he hates but is forced to have an " acceptable"  hobby to please wannabe' s... No one said that when you become an adult you need to become stiff and boring!!! I am sure he does have some mature attributes that attracted you to him in the first place. Let him be PETER PAN if he wants to..... there are many of us that want a part of ourselves to NEVER grow up!

Reply to PeterPan
Posted by: Are | 2010-01-18

Iam a 34 Year old male with 2 Kids my bother in law and my self pay for hours and we not Bored with our lifes

Reply to Are
Posted by: man | 2010-01-17

maybe his bored himself with his life.

Reply to man