Question
Posted by: PREG | 2008/10/10

For Latoya &  JE

I didn' t plan for this baby but have to now face the consequences of my actions. I struggled in a big way with my actions, especially in light of the age of the father but have come to terms with the fact that it took two of us, it was consensual and the father was sexually active before I came along, so I' m finally at peace with not taking the ENTIRE responsibility upon myself, which I was doing initially, and feeling so depressed. That I fell pregnant was not of my own volition, and my whole life is going to be changed by this. Without getting into detail, protection was used and the morning after pill had to be taken. It was not intended for me to fall pregnant. I am at the prime of my life, enjoying my social life and friends and that is all going to change now.

So yes, I am not proud of the fact that the father is so young but it happened and I have prepared myself for the criticism that lies ahead and I am certainly not going to KILL a child for fear of judgement. It isn' t a mistake you just shove under the carpet hoping no-one will ever find out. It is a human life.

I have come to terms with not expecting much from the father and one day, if he wants to have a role in his child' s life, he can meet him/her and take it from there. Or he can accept full responsibility now. That decision rests with him and not me. I' m not putting him under any obligation at all. My child will get enough love from my family and one day I will find love too.

Sounds like a mature and responsible response to an unfortunate series of events