Posted by: Faith Dlamini | 2009-09-01

Foot sores-Diabetic

My DIabetic father was hospitalised for a bout 5 weeks and he developed sores on his feet which seemily are not healing well. It has been over 4 weeks now and they are just pilling of and making it uncomfortable for him to use them. What kind of medication/ointment would be helpfull to him? He is currently using the injection daily on himself

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Faith

It seems that your father has developed diabetic ulcers on his feet. It is important that you visit a podiatrist or wound healing specialist for help with this because they can be complicated and difficult to treat. The most important thing is not to get any pressure on the wounds because they will not heal. Also, because of the diabetes there is a big risk of infection that can be dangerous. I suggets that you get expert advice as soon as possible to help heal these wounds.