Posted by: Dee | 2013-01-27

Foot pain

Hi there,

My feet are incredibly painful - all over, top, bottom, sides but especially underneath, so much do that I''m battling to walk on them, despite wearing healthy and comfortable shoes.

I am only 39 but I have Reiters syndrome, which causes a lot if pain in my joints especially my feet.

Nothing works for it, and pain killers offer only a few hours relief so it''s really not worth using anything. I am very active and my extremely painful feet are making me negative and emotional.

Any suggestions would be great...

Expert ImagePodiatrist

Thank you for your e-mail Dee, Reiter's syndrome is definately contributing to the discomfort that you experience. I would suggest that you consult with a podiatrist that would be able to asess your feet and your gait and then advise you on shoes and possible insole devices. They can also liase with your physician regarding the treatment that you already following. For your nearest podiatrist contact or 0861 100 249

Posted by: Suman | 2013-02-11

I am desperate to find some help for my 20 year old son who has been diganosed with tarsal coalition. He has been seen by a local orthopaedic specialist for the last 7 months. We have completed all of the normal treatments recommended for this disorder (immobilization, walking boots, customized shoe inserts, specialty shoes and socks, extended physical therapy, anti-inflammatory). His doctor released him saying that was all she could do and did not think he was a candidate for either types of surgery since both sides of both feet are involved. He continues to be in constant pain and can barely walk at this point. PLEASE tell me who might be able to help him.Thank you for your time!!

Reply to Suman