Question
Posted by: miles | 2008/09/08

foot fetish - pls help

hi does anyone know how to get rid of foot fetish. i luv womens feet and toes.it makes me horny just talking about them

Paraphilias like a foot fetish are only usually considered problematic when the person with the fetish can not become aroused without the eroticised object (i.e. focusing on feet/toes), and/or if the partner has a problem with your fetish. If you are able to enjoy sex and without, then this fetish can be managed. However, if it is causing a problem (e.g. overstepping boundaries and pursuing contact with women's feet without their knowledge or consent) then I would suggest that you seek some help with someone who can try to assist you to understand how this paraphilia developed and how to manage it.

I'll stick my neck out and suggest that is highly improbable that one can get rid of a preference like this - researchers have tried all sorts of methods including punishment (e.g. flicking oneself with an elastic band everytime unwanted thoughts, like your fetish, enter your mind), but they have not been very successful. In my opinion, we can only attempt to MANAGE preferences, and may do so with varying degress of success.

1
Posted by: :-) | 2008/09/08

Why do you want to get rid of it? Different strokes for different folks.... Enjoy it, and find a partner that finds it arousing.

Reply to :-)