Question
Posted by: H | 2012/08/27

Foot cramps

Hi. My daughter is 16 yrs old and does Irish dancing. She often finds that her feet cramp during dancing, is there anything she can do about it? She has recently started taking Biostrath. Thank you!

Expert ImagePodiatrist

Thank you for your mail. Cramps can be caused by reasons but it seems that in your daughter's case it could be from the excessive strain placed on the muscles during dancing. What I would suggest she do is start with foot exercises to strengthen the intrinsic (small) muscles in her feet. Taking a supplement for cramping would also help - consult with your pharmacist for most suitable product. Try and massage her feet before dancing with an oil that relieves muscle strain. Hope this gives some relieve - for more detailed and specific treatment consult with a podiatrist. www.podiatrist.co.za

2
Posted by: TINY | 2012/09/07

CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS THE MAIN CAUSE OF CRAMPS OR REFER ME TO THE PERSON WHO WILL ANSWER ME PLEASE!

Reply to TINY
Posted by: Macholedi Sophie Modimola | 2012/09/07

Hi,my name is Sophie,im about turning 43 in october,i have hectic cramps on my foot especially when i go to bed at night i went to my medical practitioner he even took my blood but there was nothing that they diagnos what was the problem?

Reply to Macholedi Sophie Modimola