Question
Posted by: No energy | 2012/06/19

foods to increase blood

Hi Diet
What food can I eat to increase my blood ??? The thing is I had my period for 2 weeks and normally my period takes abt 4 to 5 days . Now im have NO energy. iM THINKING Its because I had my period for 2 weeks AND i LOST SOME blood, BUT then I might be wrong coz it wasnt that heavy, IT WAS A VERI light flow coz I only used like one panty liner , NOT even pads.

I was abt to consult with the dr BUT then it stopped, so I jst tought OK it stopped theres NO need to consult BUT now I have NO energy. What foods can I eat ??

Dear No Energy
Although your period has stopped and it was not heavy it did last for 2 weeks, so it is important for you to see the doctor for a checkup just to make sure that everything is in order. When you see the dr, tell him/her that you are feeling so tired because he/she may need to check your blood iron levels to see if you are anaemic or not. If you are anaemic, then eating foods such as liver, red meat, chicken, fish, and eggs, iron-fortified cereals, bread or maize meal, and dried fruit like raisins with their pips (chew the pips), should help you increase your iron intake and reverse the anaemia. It can, however, take quite a while before the anaemia is cured, so please be patient.
Please go for that checkup ASAP

1

Dear No Energy
Please go for that checkup ASAP