Posted by: Dan | 2009-02-03

Foods for muscle

basically I need examples of food for muscle growth so when I go
shopping I know what to buy so my workouts arent a complete waste of time, so just the best food and drink for building muscle.
Thank you.

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Just as I answered the previous question to gain muscle you must be in a positive energy balance. Of that calorie value protein should make out about 2 g per kilogram of body weight. Focus on lean protein (chicken, fish, ostrich, and pork fillet) to keep the bad fats low. Make sure you include more good fats (avocado, olive, olive oil, seeds and nuts) – the total amount of fats should be about 20%. Lastly only purchase low GI food e.g. lentils + brown rice, chic peas, baked beans, quinoa, and barley.

Split you food intake into 6 meals per day.

Good Luck!

Take care.