Question
Posted by: Sam | 2011-03-23

Food poisoning while pregnant

Hi. I''m 18 weeks preg. Last week I ate Chinese (vegetables &  rice) and was so sick for 2 days throwing up. Do you think this could of harmed my baby?

No it should not.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-03-28

No it should not.

Posted by: Purple | 2011-03-23

It depends, some types of food poisingin such as listeria (the listeria bacteria can be found in unpastuerised milk products, blue veined cheeses, soft serve ice cream machine tubing that hasn''t been cleaned and salds left sitting in supermarkets all day) can harm the baby although they are very mild and sometimes not noticed in the mother.

Other types of food poisining don''t affect the baby.

Its probably best to phone your gynae.

I had food poisining at 15 weeks and I''m now 33 weeks and my baby is fine. I had a headache and vomiting. I had left a tuna salad out of hte fridge too long and then eaten it and I got it from that.

Reply to Purple