Question
Posted by: Diet obsessed | 2011-03-22

Food obsession

I dont know whats wrong. I have an obsession with articles on diets and eating disorders. I starve myself and even though I dont lose weight,I feel guilty if I do eat. It really upsets me because I wish I could go a day without thining of food and diets. I need help please!!!

Firstly, stop buying the magazines containing those articles. YOu do seem to have some variety of eating disorder, in being excessively focussed on worrying about eating and weight. DO see a good local psychiatrist or maybe better, psychologist, for a proper assessment of this, and advice on treatment options, which should include psychotherapy. You are wise to recognize the need for help, and by dealing with this at this early stage, it should be practical to clear this up before long

4
Posted by: Happiness | 2011-03-23

Rather read more about the nutritional value of foods. Get to know your foods, like which foods enhances your moods, which ones keep you energetic etc. This will distract you on weight loss and viewing food in a negative way. If you undrstand food you will feel no need to starve yourself

Food is good for us, but only if we consume the whole healthy kinds.

Reply to Happiness
Posted by: diet obsessed | 2011-03-22

I have seen a psyciatrist but only for my depression.problem is my medical aid...after 1 months sessions my med aid is exhausted. Just when I think we are making progress, my med aid cant pay anymore and I dont have that kind of money???

Reply to diet obsessed
Posted by: Diet obsessed | 2011-03-22

I wake up every morning and the first thing I think about is food and not eating the food. It is frustrating because I cant enjoy going out for dinner with my family and boyfriend. It really upsets me. WHAT CAN I DO?

Reply to Diet obsessed