Question
Posted by: Mummy | 2011/07/07

Food not nice

I have aproblem i cannot swallow athing including a soft drink ,when i tried to force the food food to go down the throat i vomit.

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hello "Mummy",
You have not provided me with enough information to narrow down what you might be suffering from. An inability to swallow (aphagia) might be due to a number of different things. If you are suffering from reflux, there are a number of possibilities as well. I am also not sure whether you are, in fact, refluxing due to anxiety or whether you have an eating disorder and not fully aware of it. It is serious what is happening to you, so I suggest you consult with your GP immediately. He or she will either be able to make a diagnosis and treat your problem, or your GP might need to refer you to a specialist, depending on the diagnosis. Please, get to your GP and be honest and accurate in explaining the details of your circumstances around eating.
Regards,
Graham

1
Posted by: Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert | 2011/07/14

Hello "Mummy",
Regards,
Graham

Reply to Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert