Question
Posted by: MJ | 2009-07-22

food items for loosing weight

My fiance and I are both trying to slim down for our upcoming wedding...I am not overweight but I do have a bit of belly fat that I want to get rid of. What do you recommend?

Dear MJ
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). Do 30 min of such aerobic exercises every day, and also do targeted exercises like sit-ups to tighten your tummy.
Wishing you both a wonderful wedding day!