Question
Posted by: Student | 2011-08-29

Food Intolerence/Allergies??

Hi Doc,

I''m a 22 male student suffering from a severe sinusitis but I''m currently on zyrtec tab.

I''ve noticed something recently. After few days of not eating oats and cheese. I''ve started to feel great ''WITHOUT zyrtec of course''. So, i wondering does this means I might have some food allergies/intolerance to certain food, esp. wheat and dairy products.

What are the chances that my sinus problem is caused by wheat and cheese??

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Student

This is indeed a possibility, and there are bloodtests available to confirm this. You can see your GP and discuss the possibility. If that is the case, you could most likely control your sinus disease by excluding this from your diet.